Handy Photo has a great clutter free interface and has some powerful tools. Its cropping and object movement tools are excellent but what makes it really interesting is the Magic Crop function which allows (for example) square images to be extended into a landscape format without stretching or cropping. Amazing technology. It also allows crooked horizons to be straightened by rotating without impacting original image size or cropping content. What really attracted me to Handy Photo initially was its beautiful range of textures and that’s what I mainly use it for. Over and above that, it has much more to offer. Rating (all versions): 3.85938 (64 ratings). Rating (current version): 3.85938 (64 ratings). Current Price: USD2.99. Where there are iPhone and iPad apps, rating data and pricing relate to the iPhone app.
***** “What does it do? Everything… quickly and easily. It’s really awesome!“ – Life In LoFi
***** "Handy Photo is an absolute must buy that delivers an amazing photo editing package..." – AppleNApps
***** “For the features and performance delivered, the app is a must have for all iOS device users who enjoying photo editing.” – ePHOTOzine
Welcome to creative photo editing!
Handy Photo was designed for those with a strong passion for photo editing. The app is a perfect choice when it comes to correcting and enhancing photos from all possible angles.
* Making tonal and color adjustments globally and locally * Improve the general look of your photos by performing both global and local tonal and color corrections in them. With a few taps and swipes only, turn your images into vivid and vibrant works of art.
* Retouching photos with ultimate ease * Remove unwanted content from your photos in a tap. Mobile image retouching has never been so fast and easy.
* Moving objects from photo to photo * Is it possible to move any object within a single photo or to another image in just a few taps? The answer is yes when it comes to the Move Me tool. With it, you can do the impossible – move objects in photos to the locations they would never move to in real life.
* Applying filters to images partially * With the Handy Photo’s powerful photo filters, which include Black and White, Bleach Bypass, Color Standout, Cross Process, Dramatic, Duotone, Fog, Glow, Golden, HDR, Halftone, Ink, Lomo, Old Photo, Polarization, Polaroid, Sepia, Sketch, Smart Contrast, Tilt-Shift, Tiny Planet, Vignette, and Vintage, you can add whatever artistic effects wanted to your images. The filters are all adjustable and, thanks to the partial application feature, can be easily combined within photos.
* Adding textures to photos partially * Apply the Handy Photo’s terrific textures to your images to make them truly pop. You can select from the following categories of textures: Abstract, Cloth, Clouds, Frost and Ice, Grunge, Paper, Water, and Wood. All the textures can be adjusted to taste and applied to photos partially.
* Uncropping photos in a unique way * The tool is called Magic not accidentally. It allows uniquely uncropping photos. No other app can do that. Moreover, it allows straightening crooked horizon lines in photos without sacrificing their original size.
* Adding attention-grabbing frames to images * Before showing your photo to the whole world, it’s quite important to appropriately frame it. The Handy Photo’s excellent collection of frames serves just that purpose. Put the final touches on your photos by adding the following frames to them: Autumn Leaves, Carton, Film, Glass, Grunge, Lace, Paint Splashes, Pencil Sketch, Photo Album, Polaroid, Retro Photo, Sea Shell, Torn Paper, and Vintage.
* APP FEATURES *
- Global and local tone and color correction options - Partial application option in Filters tool - Advanced retouching technology for mobile platforms - Move Me technology for smart objects extraction and moving - Magic Crop tool with unique photo “un-cropping” function - High-quality textures and frames - 100% size image editing - Up to 36 MP image support - RAW format support - Optimized for multi-core and GPU processors - Stylish and intuitive UI
* DEVICES SUPPORT * Supports all iDevices, including iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/5c, iPod touch 4th Generation and newer, and all iPads.
5 MP - iPod touch 4th Generation / iPad 10 MP - iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s / iPod touch 5th Generation 15 MP - iPad 2 / iPad mini 36 MP - iPhone 5 / iPhone 5s / iPhone 5c / iPad 3 / iPad 4 / iPad Air The images of the resolution higher than maximum allowed will be automatically resized.
Yellow Rose is a painterly textured iPhoneography still life floral image processed using textures from both Snapseed and Stackables. Its inspiration stems from Skipology selecting Stackables as app of the week this week.
My iPhoneography image ‘The Happy Cousins’ is processed to give it the impression of a painted Victorian seaside scene. I was honoured to see it showcased by both theappwhisperer and iPhoneography Central
Floral still life iPhone Photography work in a textured painterly style. Very often I build a grungy texture in to my iPhoneography but with this one I decided to take a slightly different route and create something with a more minimalist clean feel.
Recently during my iPhoneography exploits I’ve been messing around with slightly covert capture methods. This iPhone photography tutorial discusses what I’ve been up to and looks at straightening in some detail.