Mextures is an amazing iPhoneography app. With an ever expanding range of original textures categorized as light leaks, gritty and grainy film textures, dusty vintage film scans, tasteful grunge, and gorgeous gradients. These textures are created from actual 35mm film scans from various cameras, and a multitude of other natural elements. With 12 different blending modes, variable opacity levels and rotation capability, every new layer adds millions of possibilities to enhance your images and make them unique. It contains pre-created texture combinations and any combinations you create can be saved as formulas to be used again and again and if you wish shared with the iPhoneography community.
Rating (all versions): 4.5 (992 ratings). Rating (current version): 4.5 (9 ratings). Current Price: USD1.99. Where there are iPhone and iPad apps, rating data and pricing relate to the iPhone app.
Featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine, Men's Journal, Mashable, CNET, Uncrate, Cult of Mac, Fstoppers, AppAdvice and more.
Mextures is the only app for applying film grain, textures, light leaks and beautiful gradients to your images in seconds. No app is faster. And with our non-destructive workflow, you can can make changes to your photo at any time during your editing process. Fine tune your edits with photo adjustments and then save and share your edit for future use. Also included are over 200 beautiful formulas for easy, 1 click, editing created by some of the top iPhone photographers in the world.
- 150+ Original Textures - Tons of analog light leaks, gritty and grainy film textures, dusty vintage film scans, tasteful grunge, and perfectly tuned gradients. A lot of our original textures are created from actual film scans using various cameras, and a multitude of other natural elements. Because this app was designed by photographers for photographers, each one of these textures is what we use in our workflow. No filler. No fluff.
- Now in 2.0: Polish and Presets - Adjust your photos with precision. With powerful tools such as exposure, contrast, tint, white balance, fade, black and white, highlights/shadows, sharpness, and saturation. Included are 26 presets that emulate popular film and post-processing techniques.
- Formula Manager - Unlike any other apps out there, you can save your edit to use over and over again with Formulas. Save as many different formulas as you'd like and evolve a style that's uniquely yours. And new for 2.0, with our new formula manager you can share your formulas as well as import formulas shared by others.
- Infinite Layers - Stack a virtually unlimited number of layers for beautiful blending effects. You can change any edit you do at any time. Change the texture, blend mode, or rotation of a layer even if you added it 30 steps ago. Tweak each adjustment setting anytime during your editing process.
- Inspiration Feed - Get inspiration right in the app with a curated feed of some of the best photographers using Mextures. Get connected instantly to their Instagram Feeds
Tag your images in with #Mextures on Instagram and Tumblr.
Texture blended floral iPhoneography image of a Calfornian Poppy. Purposely quite a low edit. I wanted to create a textured background but with that amazing bright tangerine orange colour, I wanted to maintain as much vibrancy and clarity as possible in the flower.
This textured painterly floral iPhoneography image has raised the question, ‘Is it a painting or is it a photograph?’ For this style of edit, my preferred style for still life images, that is the ultimate accolade.