Hipstamatic is an all in one camera replacement and processing app. Their catchphrase is “Digital photography never looked so analog.” Via a series of in app purchases you build up a library of lenses and films resulting in many many combinations. The image is processed in keeping with the lens and film combination selected at the time it is captured. No post processing. There is an entire community built around this app.
Rating (all versions): 3.5 (12518 ratings). Rating (current version): 3.5 (27 ratings). Current Price: USD2.99. Where there are iPhone and iPad apps, rating data and pricing relate to the iPhone app.
Hipstamatic is a world-class photography app and Apple’s original App of the Year!
Shoot beautiful authentic photography and become part of the world’s most creative community, exclusively on iPhone.
• Apple’s very first App of the Year • The original photo filter app • The inventor of square filtered mobile photos • Plus, all of the features below :-)
— CLASSIC CAMERA Digital photography has never looked so analog. Shooting Classic provides beautifully rendered skeuomorphic cameras that transform your experience as you swipe through lenses, flashes, and films.
■ Use Multiple Exposure to shoot multiple images in one shot and get amazing artistic results ■
— PRO CAMERA For the mobile photographer looking for a minimal capture interface with maximum control, shooting Pro gives you ultimate creative control.
■ Manually control focus, white balance, exposure, shutter speed, ISO, and aspect ratio ■
— DARKROOM EDITING SUITE A full editing suite including over 20 professional adjustment tools and 12 signature presets.
• Classic Lens, Film, and Flash • Crop • Straighten & Rotate • Skew • Exposure • Clarity • Definition • Exposure • Clarity • Definition • Highlights • Shadows • Vibrancy • Fade • Curves (RGB + Red + Green + Blue) • Temperature • Tint • Depth of field • Texture • Grain • Vignette • Before & After view by holding down image in edit view • Undo & Redo by swiping left and right
■ Choose the overall mood of your image with Hipstamatic's signature Lenses, Films, and Flashes, then fine tune with extensive editing tools ■
— FAVORITE PRESETS Create your own Favorite Presets and even share your signature look with others. If you are looking for inspiration hit the shuffle button and explore a world of serendipitous beauty.
• 12 World-class presets • Customize and edit presets • Save new presets • Presets are synchronized across your devices with iCloud • Share any favorite preset with other photographers
■ Define your signature looks, then quickly apply them to your photos with Copy/Paste support ■
— NATIVE WORKFLOW Hipstamatic is fully synchronized with your photo library. Tap on any photo to instantly edit it, and see and organize your photos in either Hipstamatic or Apple Photos.
• Runs natively on iPhone and iPad • No need to import, just tap and edit • Quickly Favorite or Delete photos • Always full resolution • Save as Separate Files (default) and keep your originals untouched • Save as non-destructive Versions and streamline your photos with the original safely embedded within the Hipstamatic version (works best with iCloud Photo Library) • Browse folders created in the Photos app • Fully synchronized with Photos app and iCloud Photo Library • View detailed metadata • View shared image details across social networks (likes, comments, etc.) • Capture and edit in RAW format
■ Shoot on iPhone and edit on iPad with fully native support and synchronized Favorite Presets via iCloud ■
— HipstaMart™ Shop Browse amazing filter packs available for purchase via the In-App store created by the world’s most talented photo makers. Collaborations from top fashion and street photographers to famous artists like Salvador Dali with new packs available monthly.
PrintLab™ Get real physical prints delivered straight to your door. We built this service in 2010 because no service would print square photos, and today PrintLab is still the best square format printing service in the world. Shipping to over 200 countries!
• Print Prints (4”, 7”, 10”) • 30” Gallery Prints • Aluminum Prints (10” or 20”) • Birch Wood Prints (10” or 20”)
— LET'S MAKE BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS TOGETHER Help us make Hipstamatic the best app ever. Send your thoughts & comments to email@example.com or message us anywhere @Hipstamatic
My iPhoneography image ‘In the moment’ is created from multiple Hipstamatic iPhone images blended together. I am delighted that it has been featured by the The App Whisperer and Art of Mob in their weekly showcases.
My iPhoneography image ‘Skool Daze’ is a multiple exposure iPhone image with a textured finish applied. I am delighted that it has been featured by both the The App Whisperer and Art of Mob in their weekly showcases.
This iPhoneography workflow was born out of frustration. Living primarily in the city it felt like so long since I last saw fog. I decided to try to create a foggy atmosphere where none existed using iphone photography apps. This is my first experiment.
A picture may be worth a thousand words but critically a profile picture comes at a premium because it is worth the first 1,000 opinion forming words. Does your profile picture make you stand out from the crowd?
To achieve a realistic freelensing / lensbaby effect through iPhoneography apps you have to define the focal plane and unfocus in a gradual way – not blur. This process looks at an alternative to my first freelensing workflow.